Local council stopped transport for my 13yr old with severe learning difficulties! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Local council stopped transport for my 13yr old with severe learning difficulties!

FranticofHove
FranticofHove Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in Education
The local council have stopped home transport for my 13yr old child with severe learning difficulties. Impossible to get him to school by 9am as do not have transport. Have lost 2 appeals. we moved and they say I am too close to school.  Facing taking him out of education system with total isolation staring us in the face.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @FranticofHove

What happened with this? Did you get anywhere? 

Hope you and your child are doing ok

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • LDNUMBERPAIN
    LDNUMBERPAIN Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hi, there are some very good DIY vids available about the phonic system based on the work of Dr MacKay who carried out a pioneering project in Scotland that was so effective that it was even supported by PM Gordon Brown and encouraged UK politicians to proclaim the vision of eradicating UK illiteracy in 10. years, Dr MacKay aimed his work at children so I wonder if they were using a form of it with your son? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.