Is an extreme decrease in symptoms possible for adult CP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is an extreme decrease in symptoms possible for adult CP?

Options
liayn85
liayn85 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited November 2016 in Cerebral palsy
Has anyone ever experienced a drastic improvement in their adult CP symptoms following treatment of some kind? I am about to start intense constraint-induced therapy for the next eight months to treat my mild CP affecting the entire right side. I am wondering if my brain can rewire at least most of the work. My right hand/arm is more affected, and I have associated movement so my right and left-side movements are not wholly independent of each other.  I am not sure if I am being unrealistic about the possibility of the associated movement going away. I would like to play the piano and type with two hands by June. 
I am respectfully looking for hope from other adults with CP, not kids, moms, or "medical experts". 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.