Looking for help claiming benefits and people who understand how it feels — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for help claiming benefits and people who understand how it feels

Options
smiles
smiles Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a mum to 3 daughters and 1 son. I have 2 grandsons. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2011. I suffer with severe migraines, IBS, raynauds syndrome, plantar fascitis, depression & anxiety. I would like to find others with fibro to talk to. Facebook have fibro help and discussions but it's all in USA. I was forced to quit my job due to my disabilities 18 months ago. I am now a housewife with my husband working extra hours to support the household. I have tried to claim PIP twice now n been refused. I have the full support from my Dr but it seems the health professional who came to visit knows me better !! I would love to find someone who could help me with claiming benefits and maybe someone who understands how it feels n would like a chat. I live in stoke- on - Trent. Thank you for reading x 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @smiles

Welcome to the community!

We have a warm, welcoming and caring community here so please have a look around, join in discussions and if I can do anything to help, please just ask.

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lynne53
    Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi smiles I know you haven't had what you wanted yet but I do have several friends with Fibro so I know a bit about it.  Do you see Consultants at the hospital?::Maybe if they saw their medical opinions it might carry more influence. Sorry I can't help with Fibro, except I know people who have PIP because of it, but I can listen and two head are better than one. Keep in touch Smiles just knowing there are still nice people around does me good. Xxxxx

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @smiles if you wanted to connect with people in your area, there are a few services local to you, you can see them here on the Services Directory.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.