New member Paulf09 asks about sick notes being refused — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New member Paulf09 asks about sick notes being refused

Options
Paulf09
Paulf09 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Jobcentre refuse to take sick note cause it same illness when I was on esa got took off they saying iam fit for work but my doctor says there is no chance of me being fit for work due to illness need help and advice

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Paulf09

Welcome to the community, I am moving your post to the Ask a Benefits Advisor section so you can get some support.

I am sorry you are having a tough time and hope you can get some help and advice here on the forums.  

Do take a look around the posts as you may find help reading other people's questions and answers.

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Paulf09,

If you are using the sick note to take some time out of the Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) conditions of looking for work, then the Jobcentre should accept it - you can be sick for up to 13 weeks under this rule.

If you're trying to claim ESA again though, then it is a problem - you can't get paid ESA unless you've got worse or have a new condition. The DWP might refer you for another medical or may just make a decision saying you can't get ESA, but in the meantime, you don't get paid.

Please post back & tell us what you're trying to claim at the moment & we can give you more advice.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.