We are not invisible. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We are not invisible.

loopysos
loopysos Community member Posts: 14 Courageous
Hi

I suffer with chronic illnesses, and know the daily struggles of being disabled. From before you even step out your door, getting ready and having a planned route for the day. I didn't know becoming expert planner was part of being disabled, there isn't script to follow on how to do things, where to go for certain support. Often leaving me completely lost. I am somebody who wants to bring awareness on the many struggles we face, I am no expert, however be a voice for so many who feel the same way. Just because we are ill, doesn't mean we're not part of society. 

Loopy (Lucy is my real name).

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lucy,

So good to see you here! I agree with you completely, the planning can be exhausting.  When I have a bad day, the thought of packing everything I need for the day, then choosing routes based on where toilets are, taking medication to be able to leave the house at all, etc sometimes just it feels easier to stay in.

I have become an expert on where all the public toilets in my area are!

Look forward to seeing you on the community.

Sam 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello loopysos

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.