Esa support group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa support group

iggy
iggy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Told esa support group would not be reassess 3 years on it and yesturday assessment form arrived . waited from 2013 till 2016 no news about dla to pip .getting depressed more each day dazed  with meds 

Comments

• iggy
    iggy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Living life soo hard to now whats comming next with pip esa support all we need is to be have a life without more stress i thank God hes with me in this world 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Iggy

I'm sorry things have been hard.

It sounds like you might need some hands on practical help with this. You can contact the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 and they should be able to direct you. It's open on Monday from 9am.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Lorraine1974
    Lorraine1974 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Does it affect pip review if i was recently moved from wrag to sg?? Thanks
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    iggy

Unfortunately we still don't know exactly who will be allowed to stay in the support group and not be called for further medicals. The government has said they want to see less unnecessary re-testing though, so Iggy, it may be worth telling your MP what has happened to show how badly this change is needed. The government last year talked about people with chronic, lifelong conditions whose needs aren't likely to change, and they are supposed to be stopping further medicals for these people. 

There are quite a few people waiting to be told to apply for PIP, and still getting DLA - it will happen eventually to everyone who was under 65 at a particular date. I know that is not much comfort but there's nothing to worry about if they haven't contacted you yet.

Lorraine1974, no, being moved to the support group doesn't affect PIP. There might be evidence you used in getting moved to the support group that could be relevant to your PIP claim, but you still have to go through the review process, and unfortunately the tests for the support group and the PIP activities don't overlap exactly. It can be the case that evidence for ESA is relevant to PIP activities, though.

It's worth checking that your income-related ESA includes an enhanced disability premium now you're in the support group, if you didn't already get one because of the rate of PIP you get. This is extra money, in addition to the support component. If you don't get income-related ESA, you might be entitled to it now if the only reason you didn't get it before was too much income. If you can't get income-related ESA, the premium can be included in housing benefit to make that worth more.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.