Capability of work questionnaire - help needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capability of work questionnaire - help needed

DebbieTaylor2015
DebbieTaylor2015 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my husband and I have been claiming income related ESA support group together for a good few years know also I get carers allowance and we also get pip know he not lived with his parents for years but today his mum received a capability of work questionnaire to fill in for her so my husband do we still have to fill in and post as jobcentre didn't have a clue what we had to do and why we have this questionnaire to do through his parents

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2016
    Hi @debbie

Welcome to the community, I have moved your post over to the Ask a benefits advisor category where you should be able to get more information.

Sam 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Debbie

Has your husband told the ESA office that he no longer lives at his mum's address? Assuming he has i wonder if your husband's mum acts as an appointee for your husband? If so, she will effectively be responsible for managing his claim including receiving and returning forms.

I can't think of any other reasons why the form would have been sent to your husband's mum. If it remains unclear i suggest you call the ESA office that is handling your claim and ask why it was not sent directly to your husband. If it has been sent correctly it will be important to complete and send back because otherwise your benefit might stop.

I hope this helps.
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.