What's your favourite podcast? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's your favourite podcast?

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2016 in Coffee lounge
I am a bit of a podcast lover, they work so well for me as I have them on in the background as I work and also they get me through rides on public transport!  I love to read but often dont have the time and I feel like podcasts teach me a lot and are easier to access than tv and video.

Do you listen to podcasts and if so which are your favourites? 

I listen to:

Adam Buxton
The Infinite Monkey Cage
Scroobius Pip 
Ouch: Disability Talk
No Such thing as a fish
Janey Godley
Stuff you should know

And today my friend recommended The Guilty Feminist which I am loving.

I am always looking for other podcasts to listen to so what are your recommendations?
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    I love Adam Buxton - I think he's doing a special Adam and Joe podcast for Christmas?

I was completely hooked by Serial in 2014/15 and went on to enjoy Criminal and occasionally listen to This American Life - they cover some really interesting topics sometimes.

Haven't heard of most of your list, so will take a look - thanks for sharing!
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
  • lukeronchi536
    lukeronchi536 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My favorite podcast by far has to be "Hello Internet" by CGP Grey and Brady Haran. I really only listen to a few podcasts in general every once in a while, but this one has me hooked! I've listened to every one so far. If you are familiar with CGP and Brady's work on YouTube (CGP Grey explains, Numberphile, Periodic Videos, etc.), it's a real treat to listen to. They talk about everything from copyright infringement to the Royal Society. They both have interesting perspectives and make an awesome team. Worth listening!
    if you want to learn how to improve your podcast audio mixer in the future, I can help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    My favorite podcast by far has to be "Hello Internet" by CGP Grey and Brady Haran. I really only listen to a few podcasts in general every once in a while, but this one has me hooked! I've listened to every one so far. If you are familiar with CGP and Brady's work on YouTube (CGP Grey explains, Numberphile, Periodic Videos, etc.), it's a real treat to listen to. They talk about everything from copyright infringement to the Royal Society. They both have interesting perspectives and make an awesome team. Worth listening!
    Thanks for the recommendation, I might check that one out.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.