Very frightened — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Very frightened

Options
spinbobbin
spinbobbin Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hello I'm wondering if any one has been in my position .
My husband has renal faliure ,heart faliure,calciphlaxis .
I do home haemodialysis 6 days a week for 3 hrs a day
In febury we had our face to face as semester for pip he was awarded the higher rate of mobilty and care and I get carers allowance .
He is unable to much movement due to the calcphiphlaxsis and heart faliure in fact he's is very unwell 
Well miracles are the best and he had a kidney transplant yesterday it's not working yet he is on dailysis machine as I type but the man in the bed opposite said we have to give our befits back 
Hubby Nephrolgy team have said this will not change his mobility problems or other it will just mean he won't be tied to a machine and that's the best they could hope for hI'm I'm so fightend please if anyone knows of some one out there who has been in our place please could you help 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hello spinbobbin

When PIP is awarded, it is awarded based on what mobility and daily living needs a person has.  This means that PIP will ONLY need to be informed when a persons mobility and care needs change.  You have already mentioned that your husbands mobility will not change.  If he will still need the same help for example with cooking, dressing, washing, therapy, using the toilet etc. then his needs have not changed.

PIP will only need to be told if you give less care to your husband, or his mobility changes. PIP will therefore only end if your husband no longer has mobility problems or is able to look after himself without difficulties or without any help from you.

I hope this helps

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

• spinbobbin
    spinbobbin Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    @BenefitsTrainingCo ooo thankyou so much I could hug  you that really really helps xx I'm so glad I found this site I feel I found support and caring thankyou I'm in tears with the kindness shown to a complete stranger thankyou 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.