Introduction to myself — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction to myself

EmmaCook84
EmmaCook84 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello
I am not physically disabled, I have Autism. I was diagnosed as an adult a couple of years ago. This has helped explain many of my struggles in life, and I have come to a good understanding of how Autism can be across the spectrum and how I am autistic.

other major issues I'be had are psychiatric. I'be had three short stays in a ward, due to Schizoid Affectations, and Severe Depression and I've been a psychiatric out patient, throughout my adulthood. I am now in a really good place and in a state of recovery, that I can maintain. I have recently started being supported by National Autistic Society.

I'm quite impressed with Scope as a charity, from changing it's name in the early 90s to it's recent End the Awkward campaign. I also like going to one of their charity shops, in a town nearby, the staff there are lovely and friendly.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @EmmaCook84 Welcome to the community, I hope you will enjoy chatting here. 

I loved the End The Awkward campaign, I just really liked that it gave the ideas around disability a good shake and made people think twice about their concepts.

I look forward to chatting with you!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.