Esa50 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa50

Hello would someone be able to help me. Im in the support group and got sent a form can someone tell me more about it and what happens if i get put in wrag group? 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @musicgirl2188

The Citizens Advice Bureau have produced a guide to filling in the ESA50 form that might be of help to you.

I also found this information about WRAG groups:

If you’re eligible for ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) you’ll be put into either:

• the support group
    • the work-related activity group

You'll get a decision letter from from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) telling you which group you’ve been put into. The DWP will make this decision based on the information you put on your ESA50 form and the results of the medical assessment.

If you think you’ve been put into the wrong group

You can ask the DWP to re-think their decision. This is called ‘mandatory reconsideration’.

The support group

If you’ve been put in the support group, it means the DWP has decided that you can’t work and that it doesn’t expect you to do anything to improve your chances of finding work.

However, if you’re in this group and decide that you want to take part in work-related activity anyway, you can do. Use the contact details on your decision letter to let the DWP know you want to do this. They’ll let you know if there’s any suitable work-related activity going on in your area that you can join.

The work-related activity group

If you’ve been put into the work-related activity group it means the DWP has decided that your disability or health condition does limit your ability to work right now, but that there are things you can do to improve this.

You’re not expected to look for work, but you can be asked to go to a work-focused interview and then do work-related activities. These activities are things that the DWP thinks will improve your chances of working in the future.

This information comes from CAB.

Hopefully some members will be along soon who can give you some personal experience they've had of ESA groups.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.