If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

feeling alittle down..

ZaraWritesZaraWrites Posts: 27Member Connected
edited January 2017 in Disabled people
Hi, my name is Zara -i have spastic diplegia cp..i've been feeling alittle down lately..

What do you do to make yourself feel better when your feeling down? 

Replies

• bambam Posts: 331Member Pioneering
    [email protected] how are you doing? I have MS and it sounds a little boring but I like to watch a good movie. I turn the lights off and eat my popcorn and just watch the movie and forget about everything for a little while. I also like to come to the lounge here at scopes to talk to all of you interesting people. Check out the lounge. It's a great place to make friends.
  • ZaraWritesZaraWrites Posts: 27Member Connected
    bam said:
    [email protected] how are you doing? I have MS and it sounds a little boring but I like to watch a good movie. I turn the lights off and eat my popcorn and just watch the movie and forget about everything for a little while. I also like to come to the lounge here at scopes to talk to all of you interesting people. Check out the lounge. It's a great place to make friends.
    Hi Bam,
    Im good thanks, hope your well too.
    A movie and popcorn sound good!
    I will check out the lounge. Thanks :)
  • bambam Posts: 331Member Pioneering
    edited January 2017
    @zaraWrites What kind of movies do you like? I'm a horror movie kind of person
  • ZaraWritesZaraWrites Posts: 27Member Connected
    edited January 2017
    bam said:
    @zaraWrites What kind of movies do you like? I'm a horror movie kind of person
    I like adventure/comedy type of movies
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @ZaraWrites sorry to hear you're feeling down.

When I am down, I make an effort to do something nice that I enjoy.  I know it may sound silly, but I just bought a jigsaw for myself because I find I spend so much time staring at a screen, I wanted to give myself something to do, just for me that is screen free! 

I also make sure that I reach out to my best friends when I am down to plan something nice to do, even if it is just a takeaway and a movie on the sofa.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mossycowmossycow Posts: 486Community champion Pioneering
    When I wake up feeling overwhelmed...  I've found that not thinking big helps.  I'm a 'big picture'  person... I think about what's next,  what's next week etc....  But that causes so much anxiety as I don't know what I'll cope with. 

SO.  I now think only an hour ahead (sometimes!)  as above. I think I am going to get dressed in this next hour etc... 

"I'm trying to live like a random poem I read that ended 'to bloom where we are planted"

• mossycowmossycow Posts: 486Community champion Pioneering
    I digress s...  Sorry.  For an immediate pick me up I listen to Radio 4 comedy.  Or play a little piano. 

I have chronic pain so have coping strategies.  Sound helps,  any extra stimulas seems to block pain a little especially speech. So I have radio 4 on fairly constantly and it makes me smile. 

"I'm trying to live like a random poem I read that ended 'to bloom where we are planted"

Sign in or join us to comment.