feeling alittle down.. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

feeling alittle down..

Options
ZaraWrites
ZaraWrites Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi, my name is Zara -i have spastic diplegia cp..i've been feeling alittle down lately..

What do you do to make yourself feel better when your feeling down? 

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello@ZaraWrites how are you doing? I have MS and it sounds a little boring but I like to watch a good movie. I turn the lights off and eat my popcorn and just watch the movie and forget about everything for a little while. I also like to come to the lounge here at scopes to talk to all of you interesting people. Check out the lounge. It's a great place to make friends.
  • ZaraWrites
    Options
    bam said:
    Hello@ZaraWrites how are you doing? I have MS and it sounds a little boring but I like to watch a good movie. I turn the lights off and eat my popcorn and just watch the movie and forget about everything for a little while. I also like to come to the lounge here at scopes to talk to all of you interesting people. Check out the lounge. It's a great place to make friends.
    Hi Bam,
    Im good thanks, hope your well too.
    A movie and popcorn sound good!
    I will check out the lounge. Thanks :)
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @zaraWrites What kind of movies do you like? I'm a horror movie kind of person
  • ZaraWrites
    edited January 2017
    Options
    bam said:
    @zaraWrites What kind of movies do you like? I'm a horror movie kind of person
    I like adventure/comedy type of movies
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ZaraWrites sorry to hear you're feeling down.

When I am down, I make an effort to do something nice that I enjoy.  I know it may sound silly, but I just bought a jigsaw for myself because I find I spend so much time staring at a screen, I wanted to give myself something to do, just for me that is screen free! 

I also make sure that I reach out to my best friends when I am down to plan something nice to do, even if it is just a takeaway and a movie on the sofa.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    When I wake up feeling overwhelmed...  I've found that not thinking big helps.  I'm a 'big picture'  person... I think about what's next,  what's next week etc....  But that causes so much anxiety as I don't know what I'll cope with. 

SO.  I now think only an hour ahead (sometimes!)  as above. I think I am going to get dressed in this next hour etc... 

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    I digress s...  Sorry.  For an immediate pick me up I listen to Radio 4 comedy.  Or play a little piano. 

I have chronic pain so have coping strategies.  Sound helps,  any extra stimulas seems to block pain a little especially speech. So I have radio 4 on fairly constantly and it makes me smile. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.