Mourning and depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mourning and depression

Options
tina60
tina60 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
i lost my husband last year from c o p d and now i suffer with bad depression,i shake when i go out, i dont like people walking behind me and dont like crowded places, was never like this before, i also have problems with my breathing, but it seems like when i go to doctor they dont seem to listen to what i want to say, i find it hard to concentrate, always looking into space and sometimes i can be sitting doing nothing and not go to bed til 2am or later and still cant sleep and i have problems with getting up in mornings

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Options
    My condolences on your loss
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tina60 I am so sorry for your loss. 

Have you looked into grief councelling?  When my mum lost her husband, she attended a local group who dealt with losing a loved one to cancer, she had councelling and they also gave her massage and meditation healing. 

I just wonder if there is a similar group in your area who could help?  What area are you in?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cruse Bereavement Care have a helpline - 0808 808 1677.
  • tina60
    Options
    I've been told about counselling but I'm scared to go as everything I mention or someone else mentions anything about hubby I just break down   I miss him so much my eyes are filling up just writing this 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    They will understand that @tina60 - I am so sorry you are so sad.  I know it must be really scary, but they won't judge you or think badly of you for crying.  My friend went to grief councelling and didnt speak for the the first two sessions.  You aren't alone in this. 
    Scope
  • tina60
    Options
    Ok thank you   I will try counselling  and I will let you know how I got on  
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    I am sure there will be others on this community too who have dealt with grief and may be able to offer you their experiences.  Best of luck to you, keep talking and know you arent alone.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.