Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Your boxset recommendations

Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2017 in Coffee lounge
Hit me with your favourite boxset/ TV series! 

I loved Sons Of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Good Wife, House of Cards and Orange is the New Black.

I just got into Life in Pieces which I like and I am considering Vikings.

What are your favourite TV series and do you binge watch or take your time??

Scope
Senior online community officer

Replies

• joannarashellejoannarashelle Member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    'Only fools and horses' box set it literally brought me through a major clinical depression I know it's not a recent series but when I'm low I shut the world out and gravitate towards simple humour.
    Even old carry on films and yes I have the full box set oh dear how sad am I!! 

When my mind is fidgety (as it can be when I've been overwhelmed, even just having to answer a phone call can do this) I gravitate towards simplicity, love nature box sets I'm sorry if this is a boring post!!
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Not boring or sad! I have all 10 series of Friends on a box set that I will rewatch over and over again.

I am a netflix and amazon prime fan too so watch lots of things online.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • joannarashellejoannarashelle Member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Hey watching Friends over and over again!
    We know all the jokes we know all the one liners we know all the scenes.. but we still love watching it!

Amazon prime a fab invention! 

Thank you you for making me feel less 'sad'!!
  • StayceStayce Member Posts: 285 Pioneering
    edited January 2017
    Friends box set is fab :) If you like this have you tried the Big Bang Theory? You might enjoy that

My favourite box set @ the moment is Vikings so do give this series a try. If you like Game of Thrones (and who doesn't right :) - give Vikings a try

• Zec RichardsonZec Richardson Member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    I'm a big boxset watcher and have watched

The Wire
    Justified
    Person of Interest
    Grey's Anatomy 
    The Blacklist
    Chicago Fire/PD/Med
    The Following
    Madam Secretary 
    Criminal Minds
    Falling Skies
    And many others I can't remember now
  • AlexAlex Scope Team Posts: 1,325 Scope community team
    Lots of great recommendations! +1 for Friends - I miss the days when it was constantly on E4!

We've got Netflix at home - so The Good Wife, Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black have all been great. Started House of Cards but never really got into it. We've now started watching The Crown which I'm really enjoying so far!

For those with Netflix Jessica Jones is really good and the spinoff Luke Cage.
    edited January 2017
    Anyone watch the series Humans lately on Channel 4 ?-worth checking out currently on season 2
  • mossycowmossycow Community champion Posts: 486 Pioneering
    I;m addicted to the West Wing. I honestly forget how tired and sore i am when i watch it.

"I'm trying to live like a random poem I read that ended 'to bloom where we are planted"

• izaiza Member Posts: 461 Pioneering
    I do not have a TV licence but there was one film series I got addicted to in my native language able to see on one of free internet platforms. 

• Chris_ScopeChris_Scope Member Posts: 695 Pioneering
    The Wire, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and The Sopranos are a few of my favourites. Recently watched the first episode of Game of Thrones, somewhat belatedly lol
Sign in or join us to comment.