Your boxset recommendations — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your boxset recommendations

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2017 in Coffee lounge
Hit me with your favourite boxset/ TV series! 

I loved Sons Of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Good Wife, House of Cards and Orange is the New Black.

I just got into Life in Pieces which I like and I am considering Vikings.

What are your favourite TV series and do you binge watch or take your time??

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    'Only fools and horses' box set it literally brought me through a major clinical depression I know it's not a recent series but when I'm low I shut the world out and gravitate towards simple humour.
    Even old carry on films and yes I have the full box set oh dear how sad am I!! 

When my mind is fidgety (as it can be when I've been overwhelmed, even just having to answer a phone call can do this) I gravitate towards simplicity, love nature box sets I'm sorry if this is a boring post!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Not boring or sad! I have all 10 series of Friends on a box set that I will rewatch over and over again.

I am a netflix and amazon prime fan too so watch lots of things online.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Hey watching Friends over and over again!
    We know all the jokes we know all the one liners we know all the scenes.. but we still love watching it!

Amazon prime a fab invention! 

Thank you you for making me feel less 'sad'!!
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited January 2017
    Friends box set is fab :) If you like this have you tried the Big Bang Theory? You might enjoy that

My favourite box set @ the moment is Vikings so do give this series a try. If you like Game of Thrones (and who doesn't right :) - give Vikings a try

• Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    I'm a big boxset watcher and have watched

The Wire
    Justified
    Person of Interest
    Grey's Anatomy 
    The Blacklist
    Chicago Fire/PD/Med
    The Following
    Madam Secretary 
    Criminal Minds
    Falling Skies
    And many others I can't remember now
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Lots of great recommendations! +1 for Friends - I miss the days when it was constantly on E4!

We've got Netflix at home - so The Good Wife, Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black have all been great. Started House of Cards but never really got into it. We've now started watching The Crown which I'm really enjoying so far!

• Stayce
    For those with Netflix Jessica Jones is really good and the spinoff Luke Cage.
  • Stayce
    edited January 2017
    Anyone watch the series Humans lately on Channel 4 ?-worth checking out currently on season 2
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    I;m addicted to the West Wing. I honestly forget how tired and sore i am when i watch it.

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    I do not have a TV licence but there was one film series I got addicted to in my native language able to see on one of free internet platforms. 

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    The Wire, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and The Sopranos are a few of my favourites. Recently watched the first episode of Game of Thrones, somewhat belatedly lol
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Box set Prison Break/Happy Valley/Last Tango in Halifax/24/The Good Wife/Greys Anatomy/ currently watching Game of Thrones/Silent Witness/The waking Dead
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    wendy41 said:
    Box set Prison Break/Happy Valley/Last Tango in Halifax/24/The Good Wife/Greys Anatomy/ currently watching Game of Thrones/Silent Witness/The waking Dead
    Out of these I've only not seen Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax. I'm currently trying Vikings but will try these next I think.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    All of us are dead. One season with 12 episodes. They are in the process of filming season 2. It's dubbed but it's really good. (netflix)
    Manifest (Netflix) 3 seasons so far. They are in the process of filming the final season.
    I can't wait for the next episode of both!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    I found the first episode of All of us are dead really good I don't know why I didn't keep watching and may go back to it. I've not heard of Manifest, what's it about?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I got most of the way through the first episode of All of Us Are Dead but didn't find it too great, which is strange because I enjoy those kind of shows. Does it get better as it goes? I think another thing was that at the time it didn't have audio description so perhaps that put me off a bit too.

One of Us is lying is a fantastic show, probably my favourite new thing that I've watched this year.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Desperate Housewives of course but also ‘ it’s always sunny in california’ very funny, also The last Man On Earth very very funny 😂 note : get through the first several episodes, it gets better and better.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    I watch too much TV as it is, I often have shows on in the background and passively watch while doing other things but I don't think I could even get through all of these suggestions!! What's The Last Man on Earth about @leecal
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Literally he is the last man alive on earth but if I told you any more it would give away the twists @Biblioklept. He is a very unsavoury person at first but changes gradually during the course of events. It’s very funny, but because he’s unsavoury at first you need to stick with it for a while. I think it’s on Netflix or amazon one or the other, one of my sons played them to me so I’m not sure. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Biblioklept
    Thanks @leeCal I will look out for it!! <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.