Sleep — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sleep

Les
Les Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
I am sure there are many people who struggle to get to sleep, just like me. I just saw this article on my newsfeed and thought it was an interesting read. Thought I would share it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/mindandbody/how-to-stop-night-time-anxiety/ar-BBxXLFe?li=AAaeUIW&ocid=spartandhp

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Read a book about on insomnia. That always sends me to sleep  :D
  • Les
    Les Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I hate it, when you fall asleep on the settee and somebody wakes you up and says "Go up to bed". You do, and then you can't sleep anymore. Why can't people leave you alone :-)
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I find that rarely can I get off to sleep if I try to before 12.30-1am.  If I wait until then usually I have no difficulty getting to sleep.  I used to try getting to sleep earlier but it just didn't happen - it's the way my body clock is set.  Also, I often go to bed earlier than 12.30-1am but I read for half hour to an hour and that relaxes me and helps me to get to sleep.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I use a sleep app that is like guided meditation and lulls you to sleep.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • SleepPractitioners
    SleepPractitioners Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Having just read the article, which is very good we would like to add one thing that's not mentioned and that is getting up in the morning, it is very important to set your alarm for the same time every day 365 days a year, this will reinforce your body clock and help you find your natural sleep pattern

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.