Losing car and starting tribunal path - any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing car and starting tribunal path - any advice?

Tm4rw
Tm4rw Community member Posts: 5 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Evidence for PIP appeals.

Comments

• Tm4rw
    I had my assessment in November and at xmas got the decision hat they had lowered me to standard on both meaning I lose my car. Which means I will be housebound. They too based my claim ONLY on the assessment in which I wasn't able to take my scooter to as it couldn't get into the lift. I use two walking sticks in the house and have frozen shoulders so can't reach above chest height and they decided I could cook unaided with a stool. Yet if I'm sat on a stool how can I reach up to get things from cupboards and how can I carry things when I need to use two sticks. I can't carry or lift objects! I was on indefinite with DLA as I'm not going to get better yet this time they have put a date of 2020. They also stated on the form that I will be well by then .... wow they must be able to see the future!!! I made my reconsideration and also spoke to an assessor on the phone and he was very rude and dismissed every argument i made. He wouldn't except anything. I am now starting my tribunal path as I think I am being unfairly treated. Anyone have any advice?
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @Tm4rw, I've moved your post to our benefits advisor section, they should be able to give you some good advice.

• Tm4rw

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.