Daughter wakes every night at 2am — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter wakes every night at 2am

Sue8931
Sue8931 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask a sleep expert.

Comments

• Sue8931
    Sue8931 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello Maxine & Angie, My daughter is 9 years of age and has been diagnosed since the age of 3 with severe Autism and Learning Difficulties.  She is on the highest dose she can have for Melatonin but continues to wake every night at 2am.  I have tried everything to get her back to sleep, but she is ready to start a new day.  The only way to discribe her is she can't relax and unwind.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Sue
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    May I just take my hat off to you. 
  • Jenaustin26
    Jenaustin26 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    We are in same situation asd and learning difficulties sleeps 8til2 but that's it. He has never slept well but since turning ten 3months ago its as if 6hours are enough and he wants to eat,  play and watch TV. 
  • SleepPractitioners
    SleepPractitioners Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Hi Sue8931
    You say your daughter wakes every night at 2am so we would do a scheduled waking. Go into her at 1.40am and nudge her, don't fully wake her, you just need her to move her out of her present sleep cycle and into a new one, do this for a week, you should see good results.
    You say she can't relax and unwind we have a routine that will help with this take a look http://www.scope.org.uk/support/families/sleep/routine

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.