carers for a lady who wakes several times in the night — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carers for a lady who wakes several times in the night

Options
charlotte_hall
charlotte_hall Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask a sleep expert.

Comments

• charlotte_hall
    charlotte_hall Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello, we have recently become shared lives carers for a lady who has epilepsy and learning difficulties, no speech and is 47. She goes to sleep fine but will wake several times to use the toilet in the night. She goes straight back to sleep after, however i just wondered if there is anything you can recommend to help with this to try and limit her disturbed sleep. She can use the toilet independently so i dont have to get up with her but it still wakes us and her obviously. She has done this for years apparently so could just be habit now. She does however use the toilet when she does get up. I know this is alittle old for you so if you cannot advise do you know of anyone else i could contact.
    Many thanks
  • SleepPractitioners
    SleepPractitioners Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Charlotte
    The only thing we would advise it to stop drinking after 6pm and cut out as much caffeine as possible.
    You could contact your local enuresis team who may be able to offer more advice and support.
    Maxine and Angie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.