Vinyl Night — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vinyl Night

Stayce
Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
I recently went to a vinyl night where everyone brings a vinyl album to play (their favourite) - Thought this is something we could do here on the community - What is your faviourite album? What would you bring to play on the turntable?

I am bringing Paul Weller - Stanley Road

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I love this! 

I would bring The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Stayce
    edited January 2017
     Great choice Sam

Looks like we are up at the turntable again - So am going to put on Madness - Wonderful. Feat. Ian Dury last track recorded.

who's up next?
  • rockchick
    rockchick Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    anything beatles
  • Singlemania
    Singlemania Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I’m more Prog Rock myself.  
  • Stayce
    Hi @Singlemania

Which artists or prog rock bands do you like? I’m currently listening to Planet Rock whilst trying to do my physio ?
  • Singlemania
    Singlemania Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Stayce sorry for being slow to respond. I have been unwell for over a week and haven’t caught up with things. I like Planet Rock too. I like a broad range of music and I’m listening at the moment to a few Hawkwind LPs. Recently I have also listened to Genesis, Barclay James Harvest, Focus, Pallas, Marillion to name a few. I was lucky to see Hawkwind live at a HRH Prog festival in London last year. Can’t leave the house now so I’m listening to a lot of music and cataloguing my collection so I don’t buy the same music twice lol ? 
  • Stayce
    Hi @Singlemania

I do hope you are feeling better. They are all awesome artists ?. Last artist I saw live before lockdown was Samantha Fish (Blues rock artist from Missouri) - she was great. Yeah me too. Great idea about cataloging. I have to confess I have bought things twice a couple of times in the past (so totally know where you are coming from) ?

stay safe 

Best
  • Stayce
    Hi @Singlemania

Meant to say also what do you think to the songs trending during lockdown. Rolling Stones Living in a Ghost Town and Bob Dylan’s Murder Most Foul. I hear something new in these each time I listen

Ive also found myself revisiting artists - Rodriguez (/Searching for Sugar Man) and Black Sabbath to name a few.

Any you would recommend? 

Best

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.