If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

PIP and being well kempt

francesca6963francesca6963 Posts: 1Member Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
I've recently been awarded lower rate pip I'm so happy but I'm appealing as I feel my answers off atoms are lies and appalling also when I read through atoms report it said I looked well kemp what does that have to do with my claim so maybe if I went dirty and smelly I would have been awarded higher points 

Replies

• MatildaMatilda Posts: 2,616Member Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, @francesca6963 - I think that Atos use 'kempt' as code for 'able to groom themselves well so can't be very disabled'!  My Atos assessor described me as 'kempt' and I was awarded only standard rate PIP.  I am appealing, too.  I think you are right that an applicant is likely to be awarded higher points if they look unkempt.  At my appeal, I think I'd better not appear too 'kempt'!

Moral of the story:  I'd advise applicants not to look very well groomed at their PIP assessments and appeals!
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    I had the same thing on my assessment, they didnt take into account that my husband had helped me in the shower that morning  :( 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
    In time assessors' tricks will become well known and applicants will present themselves accordingly.
  • nanof6nanof6 Posts: 200Member Pioneering
    when i had my assment he came at 9 in the morning, my help hadnt arrived, so i was still in my jimjams, as he pointed out, maybe thats why i got top marks
    @nanof6 - I think your not being dressed certainly helped you get points.
  • emkins40emkins40 Posts: 28Member Connected
    I was in bed! Certainly helped me. You must remember they need to know your worst day don't make an effort at all. Good luck Emma 
Sign in or join us to comment.