Just musing on my latest PIP stage — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just musing on my latest PIP stage

Matilda
Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have received DWP's response to my appeal.  It arrived last Thursday but I didn't open the letter until today as I didn't want its contents to spoil the weekend :).  Was worried that it might contain a further catalogue of inaccurate interpretations that I'd have to refute!  But no, all the DWP have said is that they agree with the original decision and oppose the appeal.

The only document in the parcel that I hadn't seen before was the report from the doctor who examined me when I first claimed DLA.  Have only skimmed it - but, although he was working for the DWP, his report was very sympathetic to my disabilities which no doubt helped me get highest rate care and higher rate mobility.  Contrast this with my PIP Atos report which was biased and with half-truths and one blatant lie - though could have been even worse as I was awarded standard rate PIP daily needs and mobility.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.