Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Read me: How do I claim carer's allowance?

Chris_ScopeChris_Scope Member Posts: 695 Pioneering
edited October 2018 in Carer's allowance

What is Carer’s Allowance and who can claim it?

Carer’s allowance is a benefit which is designed to provide financial support to an individual who cares for a disabled person, who is themself in receipt of a qualifying disability benefit (such as Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance).

To be eligible for carer’s allowance you must be over 16 and not in full-time education, and spending at least 35 hours a week caring for the person. If you have a job then you can only earn up to £110 a week to remain eligible.

How do I claim carer’s allowance?

You can apply for carer’s allowance online via the official government website. It is also possible to apply by post. For enquiries on carer's allowance, you can contact the government's helpline on 0345 608 4321.

You can find additional information on carer's allowance on Scope's dedicated benefits information pages.

This discussion has been closed.