Hi, my name is Dwayne1961! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dwayne1961!

Options
Dwayne1961
Dwayne1961 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Greetings, All!  Dwayne, here! 
As of December 2016, I am 55-years-old... I have already been dealing with a number of mental health & physical health diagnoses that have led to increased disability, since I first started on my government disability pension, back in September 1992.  It has been a hard journey.  And now, after my most recent medical appointment, I find I have two more diagnoses!  I have all the symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome -- they are still figuring out what parameters there are to my specific diagnosis.  And, I have Hydrocephalus -- fluid on the brain... I already deal with repetitive incidents of fluid on my heart... Now I have spinal fluid backing-up into my brain!   !!#$$!%!#^%$&*#$!!!  ... And, that fluid is crushing my grey matter to the point of atrophy... Which, in turn, is causing or worsening my early stage dementia.  
I carry on as best I can... with dry wit or outright humour... and when that isn't working for me, I force myself to take one step at a time -- even when those steps involve taking time for Rest & Relaxation.  
I look forward to dialogue within this online community. 
Light & Love!  )O( 
The Reverend L. Dwayne Decker
Light & Love!  )O(  
The Reverend L. Dwayne Decker (ULC) 

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @Dwayne1961

Welcome here. Seams you have lots but you do right things one step on a time is quite good. Relaxation and Humour are welcome on a board too. Enjoy your retirement time. 

Have a nice evening. 

Iza 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.