One day soon — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

One day soon

Options
norrms
norrms Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
ONE DAY SOON .................

Sometimes, just sometimes, i want to runaway. I want to run and run until i cant run anymore. The place i run too?? The hills, the open spaces, the moors where i feel as if i can breathe again, where all around me is peaceful and still, and yet, so far reaching. 

I want to scan the earth and look as far as i can see, climb as high as i can , reach the top of wherever i am and SCREAM !! YES SCREAM !!! i want to Scream " I WANT TO BE FREE!! FREE of this awful weight of dementia, Free to do as i like, roam where i want to, spend a night under the stars watching shooting stars and the galaxy unfold before my very eyes. I want to wait excitedly for the the dawn to appear over the mountains in a Golden  haze then turning to blue.

I want to feel the wind on my face, and watch the hawks soar higher and higher across the skies with such abandon doing their acrobatics for all to see

I WANT TO LIVE !!!!!!! 

Instead ? i am in bed by 8pm or 9pm, i suffer from sundowning during the afternoon and wear my "Concrete overcoat (Depression ) because of my illness of dementia..............................

But one day soon my friends, ONE DAY SOON ? ........................................

Norrms Mc Namara "Diagnosed with dementia 9 years ago aged 50 

Please share

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.