Hi, my name is Mike1962! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mike1962!

Mike1962
Mike1962 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
MY SON MOVED INTO INDEAPENDANT  LIVING LAST YEAR AS I COULD NO LONGER COPE WITH HIS OUT BURST    HE HAS ASSPERGES   SYNDROM   AND ANGER ISSUES  PIP HAVE NOW SAID HE DOESNT NEED  THERE FUNDING  HELP 

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi Mike, nice you are sharing with your worries. I will straight ask @BenefitsTrainingCo to advice you here. 

Have a nice evening. 

Iza 
  • Mike1962
    Mike1962 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Mike1962

Welcome to the community. Many people have experiences of applying for PIP so I'm sure we can help. Have you recently had the decision about PIP? Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Mike1962,

Your son should still be able to get PIP when living independently. It sounds like he has had to renew his PIP award and not scored enough points. This happens to a lot of people and can be challenged.

He should ask for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision not to award PIP within one month of the date of the decision letter. He can do this by phone but it's best put in writing and send in any additional evidence he has about his daily living problems, such as a letter from a doctor or copy of a care plan, if he has one.

If the reconsideration is not successful then he can appeal, again within one month of the date on the letter. 

Please post back back if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,

Michael

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.