ESA support group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA support group

Louweese
Louweese Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am in the ESA support group and would like to do voluntary work. Do I need to inform or ask permission from  DWP and put it in writing?

Comments

• scouser
    scouser Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    As fair as I no I am also in the support group and read some were in my letter off them that I can do voluntary work but much reform them first but if you ask them they could also think that if you can work voluntary why not part time etc hope this helps 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Louweese,
    It's always best to inform the DWP of anything like this, and yes put it in writing and keep a copy, or make a clear note for yourself of when you inform them & how.

There is no limit on the amount of voluntary work you can do, as long as you are not paid for anything apart from expenses caused by the work (for example, travel).

It's just important to tell the DWP so that they understand that this isn't a change in what you can and cannot do for the purposes of ESA. You still have limited capability for work related activity (you still meet the conditions for being in the support group).

Hope this helps.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.