PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

nanasheena56
nanasheena56 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had a medical on 08/11/2016, I have phoned them on numerous occassions to be told they were waiting for further paperwork, which they recieved all on 9/01/2017. I keep phoning and they tell me it is with the assessor waiting for a decision. It has been 14 weeks since my medical and still waiting. For something they say may take up yo 6 weeks and taking 14 is ridiculous. Is there any way to speed tis up?

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hello nanasheena56

It is a balance between wanting to get the right decision, and being delayed by a decision maker obtaining more information. Saying this, 14 weeks is a long time to wait.

You can make a complaint to PIP. It is best to do this is writing, heading you letter COMPLAINT, and then give the following information:

• Your National Insurance number 
    • your full name, address and contact numbers
    • Explain that there has been an unreasonable delay in assessing your claim, and explain how this has impacted on your health.
    • ask that a decision be made as soon as possible

Send the letter to the address on any correspondence from PIP. 

It should take around 15 days fro your complaint to be resolved.  Please post back if this has not happened.

You can also contact your MP, and ask that they intervene on your behalf to find out what is causing the delay in deciding your claim. 

Regards

Maria

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.