Hi, my name is SallyAJ! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SallyAJ!

SallyAJ
SallyAJ Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am a support worker for people with LD and Autism and physical disabilities and mental health needs. I support Ella to work at Scope in Trowbridge.  This has helped Ella to feel included and a very valued member of the community. Ella has gained confidence working with the public plus Ella really enjoys helping and fundraising for Scope.

Comments

• Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Lovely photos.  Ellie looks so happy and obviously enjoys what she does.  I have a daughter with LD
  • SallyAJ
    SallyAJ Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you. Ella is happy to do what she can to help others, she also volunteers as admin support at Stepping Stones primary school for children with special needs.  She loves that little job too and she gets to take responsibility for some very quite important work. Ella is very good with technology and she wanted positions that would recognise and respect her for her skills not just for dusting and polishing, sort of things.  Scope and Stepping Stones have certainly utilised her skills which has made her feel included as an important member of the team. Even though these jobs are voluntary and Ella requires support with her at all times they give her independence, dignity and a feeling of value,  This has boosted her confidence no ends and has proved to be a very valued part of Ella's life.   
  • Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    My daughter, Alison, did a voluntary placement for about 3 years, one day a week at a local private Day Nursery which she loved but unfortunately it finished at Christmas.  She works voluntarily in the cafe at her Day Centre 2 days a week.  Ella seems to be a busy bee and it's lovely to see her enjoying everything she does.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Great photos, thanks for sharing Sally. It's really good to hear that Ella is having a good time and gaining lots from the experience. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.