Hi, my name is agreived! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is agreived!

agreived
agreived Community member Posts: 2 Listener
To be a carer you have love,duty & respect!When that person dies you are alone!
 You will generally find you're not entitled to any benefit.Carers allowance pays a credit contribution to a possible future pension,not national insurance contributions.So for being a government slave 35 hours minimum at £62 a week is not the minimum wage! Used/ abused and dumped on at the end.

Comments

• agreived
    agreived Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Why do this so do gooder organisations not take action! Carers association etc.We are all saving these aurhoritive pig trophers a fortune in nursing home fees.Rise up help the future slaves.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @agreived has this been your experience? It sounds very difficult!

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

*Calls to the Adviceline are free if you are calling from any landline or from the following mobile phone networks:

• T-Mobile
    • Vodafone
    • Orange
    • O2
    • Everything Everywhere (EE)
    • Virgin Mobile
    Why do this so do gooder organisations not take action! Carers association etc.We are all saving these aurhoritive pig trophers a fortune in nursing home fees.Rise up help the future slaves.
    @agreived I have every sympathy for carers. It is not unusual for carers to lose their homes, income and often will have suffered from mental and/or physical health problems.

However to say that organisations are not doing anything is simply wrong. Organisations like Carers UK have done a lot to highlight various issues for carers, including what happens when their caring duties come to an end.

In its submission to the carers strategy evidence in 2016 it included:

 A new programme of work looking to support former carers – and support pre and post-bereavement, including a review of benefits to give longer benefit runons and support with returning to work.

I would strongly recommend you give them a call on 0808 808 7777 as they will be able to discuss your individual circumstances and advise you what benefits you are now entitle to.

*Calls to the Adviceline are free if you are calling from any landline or from the following mobile phone networks:

• T-Mobile
    • Vodafone
    • Orange
    • O2
    • Everything Everywhere (EE)
    • Virgin Mobile

Calls from other networks may not be free so check with your provider.  Charges will also apply for any calls made outside of the UK.

I hope you are able to get some help and advice as you don't deserve to be treated like this.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.