Hi, my name is bazzer! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bazzer!

bazzer
bazzer Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hello i have just seen on the news about changes to P.I.P i only got mine last year and it was a vert distressing time for me and the thought of going through all of that again is something i can't cope with. will this new ruling affect me because i can't cope with the thought that it will.

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @bazzer I assume you're talking about the news that the goverment is over-ruling several previous tribunals. I'm not sure that anything is clear over this right now beyond the headlines, but I've moved your query to our benefits advisors' category as they may be better placed to provide an answer.
  • bazzer
    bazzer Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi bazzer

The DWP has said it plans to change the PIP rules in light of two court decisions relating to activity 3 (managing therapy or monitoring a health condition) and mobility activity 1 (planning and following a journey). The changes are due to become law from 16 March 2017 but there is a possibility there will be opposition in parliament and so we will all need to listen out for developments.

If it does become law it will not affect claims made previously and so i would expect your award to continue.

The claims process for PIP is distressing for many and we are committed to helping people by giving as much helpful information as we can. If you need help in the future do ask.

Best wishes
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.