Need some help as I think my son is slipping through the net. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some help as I think my son is slipping through the net.

Concernedmum
Concernedmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi in 2014 my sons community pediatrician asked his old school to get a referral to education psychologist but the school never did this and as a result he is in year 4 and being given year 2 work. He struggles with concentration unless a teacher is with him all the time but even then he can lose focus. He is easily lead by other children for example a friend told him to hit his best friend so he did not knowing the consequences of this action. He has no awareness of danger and would run in a road climbed on his wardrobe at the age of 6. When playing with his cars they have to be lined up in a certain order and your not allowed to touch them this started when he was around 20 months old. Now its progressed to that people die in the cars but he has never experienced death or loss. But all I get from people at the moment is that everything he is doing is normal. Please I need some help as I think my son is slipping through the net.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.