Hi, my name is Nadia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nadia

nadia_82
nadia_82 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My name.is Nadia, I am new to any networks like this.
I have a 15 year old daughter and am full guardian of my 11 year old niece who has microscopic development delay who I have cared for since she was 3 months old, as her mother, my sister, also has mental disabilities.
I have tried to get support from many different avenues, and failed time and time again, being given what only seem to be empty promises so am hoping I can find some help and advice here from anyone willing to offer any.
My main concern right now is bringing awareness to other people about how it is to live with mental and learning difficulties. To help them realise what it's like to live with judgements and how to open their minds to understanding their struggles and daily hardships.
Annalise, my niece, is so confident with adults and getting along with them but struggles with children as they seem to struggle with accepting her

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.