critical illness cover — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

critical illness cover

Options
Claire83
Claire83 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited March 2017 in Research and opportunities
This is a letter I wrote for a law magazine i don't know if you are interested but in a nutshell I am a ex-lawyer who had a brain hemorrhage at 29 -  I didn't see my 2 young children for 1 month. I  literally went to bed fine and woke up in hospital. I had critical illness cover which was a God send.

Everyone i  have talked to in the last 3.5 years since my brain hemorrhage  hasn't got this insurance and they should have. I think that this is a really important issue. You don't think you will ever need it - I certainly didn't.

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/letters/make-sure-you-have-insurance-covered-solicitors/5059287.article

I am a bit of a mission to make everyone aware of it as I would have been completely stuck without it. 

I have found quite a few things useful being a disabled parent and I think this forum will hopefully have more ideas.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.