Medical — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical

Chibi123
Chibi123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been sent a form to fill in for a medical, is there anyone that can help me fill it in please, also is there anyone who will come to medical with me?.I'm a bag of nerves and don't know what to do. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Is this for the assessment for PIP?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    edited September 2017
    @Chibi123
    Hello, if its either the pip application form, or the UC50 or ESA50, I would say first and foremost, don't fill it in by yourself. There will be welfare advisory groups in your area who can help you. I know a lot of people suggest CAB, but I found my local CAB to be less than keen to help. Do you live in social housing? Most social housing landlords have welfare officers who will help you navigate the above documents, and groups such as Reach Out and Age Concern will help (even if youre not elderly). Google Welfare Rights and Help in your postcode, and 'phone everyone that comes up. I fell into a few 'traps' when I filled out my UC50 by myself, and didnt make the same mistake when I received my PIP application. Good luck with it, you've come to the right forum, as there is loads of support and advice available here. I wish I'd found it a year earlier than I did.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.