If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Chronic pain for around 9 years

SystemSystem Posts: 417 Scope community team
edited January 2018 in Dealing with chronic pain
This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome to our new group on dealing with chronic pain.

Replies

• garykgaryk Posts: 7Member Connected
    I've had Chronic Pain for around 9 years.It included shoulder & hernia surgery etc.Recently saw a Pain Psychologist.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @garyk how are you doing? 

What is a pain psychologist and did it help you?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • HoniepotsHoniepots Posts: 1Member Listener
    Hi every one Ime new here. I suffer with a lot of pain I have 4 types of arthritas all so I have copd & broncal astmatic. I've heard they are going to stop pain killers is this true ?.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Hi @Honiepots, and welcome to the community!

Is it the opioid debate that you've heard about? If so, my understanding is that there's currently work going on to ensure that people who are prescribed opioids aren't misusing them, and that they're not being given out when they're not needed. So it's not necessarily that they're going to be stopped (and there are other painkillers which aren't opioids and which wouldn't be affected), but there is ongoing work looking at how they're used. I hope that makes sense, and do correct me if it's something different that you've heard about!
  • tonimellatonimella Posts: 10Member Listener
    Me too hun since 2001..lower back..
Sign in or join us to comment.