Hi, my name is lwatto4ever! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lwatto4ever!

Options
lwatto4ever
lwatto4ever Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi all how're you all doing?
My name is Leanne & 33 years old (soon be 34)
I'm disabled with Cerebral Palsy & I'm wheelchair bound. I'm married to my partner of 11 years & he's Able Boddied & he's also my full-time Carer & we've also got a 5 year old daughter. 
In 2015 I done a video on what's its being a disabled Mum to try & help create awareness if you
 interested in viewing this please let me know & I'll send you the link.
Leanne Watson
xx

Comments

• bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi leanne,

im always interested in learning about the challenges and successes my fellow planeteers are going through :)

im not ambulantly disabled.  I have an Aspergers diagnosis.  If you wZnt to share your video though i would be pleased to be able to wAtch it :)
  • lwatto4ever
    Options
    Hi thank you for your message :)

I'll upload my video for everyone to watch if they want to...
    Leanne Watson
    xx
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing, great video! I've moved it to the disabled parents category: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/disabled-parents
  • lwatto4ever
    Options
    I'll look on that link thank you...Glad my video will hopefully help other people 
    Leanne Watson
    xx
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    Options
    I imagine that you can help a lot of people! 

When my girls were growing up I was able bodied but I am now a gramps to a 2 year old boy and a 5 week old girl. My daughter and I were talking about disability and caring for a baby and how when you are in a wheelchair you cope. 

My grandson learnt very quickly to sit on my lap and lean back so he was safe as I pushed. He thinks nothing of me not walking, it's just how gramps is and of course my wheelchair is so much fun. 

Kids learn quick, when I go to get up he see's and pushes the wheelchair in close saying "you okay GaGa" yes I know, like the singer lol
    Please share your link and I'm sure many people will benefit from it. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.