Looking for a Job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for a Job

bendigedig
bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
Hi,

Im looking for work.

Im a 43 yr old man with an Aspergers and Dyslexia Diagnosis.

organisations such as REMPLOY etc. Are very localised and I am realy not very able to access thier services.

I am very much in need of advice and pointers.

I am a Biology Graduate with Post Graduate modules completed in Education, both Secondary and F.E. I have several years teaching experience in both the Secondary and FE Sector. I also have a background in Conservation Management and Amenity Horticulture.

After complaining against our Local Housing Association run by a Depute Lord Lieutenant, our local infrastructure has very prejudicially shut its doors on me.  I have been Black Balled and discreditted.  This has happened because I challenged localisd and regional corruption in our community. I am no longer able to get work in my locality.  This is totally unjust but there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it. 

One of the problems I face with my Aspergers is having an acute sense of social justice.  This often doesnt sit well with corrupt Local Government Officials etc.  I dont see the Emporers New Clothes so well and I always seem to notice the Elephant in the Room.

I haven't worked for a number of years now.  The corruption here where we live has affected my wifes employment too as well as my sons schooling.  I am trying to get my life back on track but its really really difficult as their is a dirth of support in our locality.  Realisticaly, I'm going to have to consider a move.

I have just come through what can only be described as a massive depression.  I still have a lot to offer though and I am keeping a very open mind about what work I might consider.  Ideally I would love to get back into working in SEN/ASN as a Teacher or Lecturer.  Times are hard though so I will consider just about anything that I feel would be realistic.

I am willing to consider relocating to anywhere in Britain or Ireland.  Im eager and willing to put a lot of personal effort into getting back to work...  I just need a bit of guidance and support to get back into the workplace.

Any pointers and or advice would be most gratefuly received.

Comments

• LDNUMBERPAIN
    LDNUMBERPAIN Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hi, with your qualifications there should be plenty to choose from in the voluntary sector as a reference builder, however given the problems you have experienced from putting your concerns into words you will need to take the lesson forward to avoid a repeat 
  • bendigedig
    Why do i feel that im getting a sharp rap across the nuckles from you ldnumberpain?

frankly, i dont want to work for people who are corrupt!  I have no lessons to learn?  The lessons to be learned are not mine.

society needs to deal with corruption better I think? So decent people like myself, my wife and my son dont have to put up with "establishment criminals".

the rot goes right to the top Im afraid.

i want to work for people who arent like that thanks.
  • LDNUMBERPAIN
    Thanks for your openness, in the ideal world there are no establishment criminals but that is not the way things are in the politically correct one we all have to deal with where not everyone is as fortunate as you are to have an honest diagnosis.. that could given the chance, work for you.    
  • bendigedig
    @LDNUMBERPAIN

Theres no need to thank me for being open?

I always try to be "open".

I think we all have to work towards creating the ideal world dont we?  Where would we be if we had no ideals?

i dont know what you mean by "the politically correct world."  I live in the same world as you.  When I refer to "establishment criminals", im saying there are people in the establishment who are actually criminals.  They get away with crimes a lot.  Ive had some crimes perpetrated against myself and my family by people within the establishment.  I speaking about facts. This is not a matter of opinion.

to prove a point. Everybody knows about the MPs expenses crimes (i wont call it a scandal, I will call them crimes because thats wht they are). Pretty much all of them got away with that.  I dare say they are still at it, robbing the public purse.  I wont even go into the matter of The BBC, Jimmy Savile or the nefarious activities of some of the royal household!

politically correct society?  There is very little that is correct about our society especially its politicians!

Im afraid that I have no idea what you mean by what you said in the statement that i have quoted below?

"we all have to deal with where everyone is not as fortunate as you are to have an honest diagnosis.... That could given the chance, work for you"

Im a little bit disapointed that Ive had no employment afvice :(
  • bendigedig
    Has anyone got any employment advice for me?

• LDNUMBERPAIN
    Hi if you want to understand the definitions you could start with a quick google about what your diagnosis means 'Im a 43 yr old man with an Aspergers and Dyslexia Diagnosis'.
    Have you considered starting your own company? you have the qualifications and a desire to put right a lot of wrongs so why not go for it 
  • bendigedig
    I dont think I have any difficulty understanding what my diagnosis means to both myself and other people?

I asked you to explain what "you" said because it made no sense to me?   I quoted what you said so you could explain?  If you re-read your sentence it doesnt make any sense?

Have I considered starting my own company?  Why would I do that?  Ive been a public servant most off my working life!  Am I not best suited to working in the public sector?  If there is one left that is!

Are we all now to accept that if we want a job we have to "get on our bikes", Tebbit style (i think im going to throw up). Or become white van man?

What is wrong with me wanting to get a job?  Have you never heard of the concept "the right to work"

What in gods name would I be doing trying to start my own bussiness, just so the governments statistics show some sort of improvement only for it to fold within 5 minutes and have me back at square one with the bank breathing down my neck about an outstanding business loan.

I dont want small business advice, I want employment advice.

If you are telling me that Im unemployable you better tell all the other people with aspirations to get into work here that theyve got to start thier own bussiness then too because I KNOW Im employable.  

So If Im right (i know Im employable)  and your right (that the only way Im going to work is if I start a bussiness). Then Britain is in an even bigger mess than all of us thought!

is that what you are suggesting? That its only worth me bothering starting a business?  

What about people who are less employable than me?  Should they all start bussinesses too?

Okay, so we are all going to be in bussiness are we?  Doing what by the way?
    im sure that if we all start pedalling ourselves as disability consultants because we all have dissabilities then non of us are going to make a living are we.  The market place will be flooded as it likely already is with people desperately trying to proclaim themselves as the next expert in this or the next expert in that.

Are all the jobs reserved for those who are "in" now are they?  Those who are related or connected irrespective of their suitability for the role in question.....

lets be honest,  there just arent any jobs are there?  Thats why the DWP makes them up (pretend ones) so the people on JSA have to prove theve been applying for the made up jobs in order to get their benefits.

I will tell you what I will do @LDNUMBERPAIN ill give you a bit of employment advice........dont get a job as an employment advisor, whatever you do.

dont worry Ive waived my consultancy fee in this instance.

• bendigedig
    Has anybody got any real, helpful, employment advice for me?
  • LDNUMBERPAIN
    Hi enough said it seems your knuckles are hypersensitive to any opinion except your own so best of luck in your jobsearch
  • bendigedig
    @LDNUMBERPAIN
    look, if you give bad job advice and you cant hack criticism there is no need to get personal.

nothing Ive said above isnt a question or a fact.

I havent a clue whats goingon emloyment wise but I know that things are most crtainly not right.

the last time I checked that wasnt a matter of opinion.  Where as your view of me is just that,  OPINION.   
  • bendigedig
    @LDNUMBERPAIN

ive had an excellent idea!

why not give the advice about starting businesses to the government?

they could start up regional consortiums based on providing service care to people?  We could call them councils and NHS Trusts!  as part of the consortiums there could be leisure centres, libraries, country parks, community pride projects etc?

since all the privitised service providers are doing such a bad job of running Britains infrastructure (whilst robbing us all blind) it would be great to give them a good kick up the **** and start propperly regulating them too!   You know, making sure that employees arent over worked?for instance by giving man hrs to new employees etc?  You know, stimulating prosperity and happiness?  Getting rid of slavery ontracts like zero rs, minimum wage and supermarket probationary wages would be nice too.  Giving the masses a meaningfull existence instead of making them feel like beggars at the church food bank!

the funding could come from all thier rich friends in the cooperations, banks and organised crime who have been financially raping us for generations?

oh and they could just rap Trident and STUPID Failed multi billion poud projects like trying to satisfy the other  US presure for us to join them in thier murdering and war mongering schemes?

we could ask for our harriers back too?   The US marines have fixed them all up nice I think?   We could get hem back as part of a compensation packagefor theabsolutely **** and pointless muti billion Pound mistake which was the F35 Lightning?

oh and while thier at it they could stop robbing us blind annd stop having directorship in massive tobbaco companies etc whilst they ae pretending to run the country?  You know, thatsort of thing.

i could go on but Im not sure how receptive you are to truths about how Britain is a dump now that is run by criminals?

its just a thought,  what do you think?

im only willing to listen to sense though, you know information that is based in the real world?   Not stuff based in the pollitically correct one or wherever it is that you think we or you live.

let me know what you think,  im always keen to hear other peoples thoughts.
  • bendigedig
    @LDNUMBERPAIN

bringing back spitting image or somhing similar might be a good idea?

we are in desperate need of some easily accessible intelligent satire for the masses to consider!

perhaps it would make right wing establishment apologists and the likes think twice about saying stupid things?  You know,   'Cos more people might be better informed about how bad they are being treated by our government etc.

it would be nice to have an unsanitised news service too.  You know one that didnt pump out **** propaganda 24 7 ?

yes it would be great to see more facts and unpleasent truths about how our electoral system and societal governance is a thinly veiled sham that enables the rich to get even richer and the poor to remain as poor as it is possible to keep them.

oh I could say more,  but im almost certain that you probably arent very receptive to the truth, never mind the opinions of others.
  • LDNUMBERPAIN
    Hi you are now using your own valuable time not mine, why don't you please explain your understanding of your personal diagnosis for the interest of others who have had the same diagnosis so you can continue your conversation with them and if you stop biting they may be able to help you with work suggestions assuming that they understand your personal sensitivity and perhaps learn something you find helpful. I am not hear to cause anyone distress or make them feel uncomfortable. good luck.
  • bendigedig
    Hmm.  Looks like my last post in this thread was removed?

I wonder why?

surprisingly,  I would still realy apreciate some proper employment advice.  If anybody has any please let me know.
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @bendigedig, not sure if this might help but have you taken a look at our community tips page on employment

• bendigedig
    @Chris_Scope Hi Chris, I looked at the comunity tips page. There were acouple of things there that I need to chase up and look into. Other than that, the future isnt bright.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.