Getting reassessed, don't understand why — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting reassessed, don't understand why

nick50
nick50 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Sorry to bombard you looking for advice but I am concerned and feel you are the best people to advise. I am receiving pip care component due to chronic pain from a back injury. I was then diagnosed with heart failure and sleep apnoea which I made dwp aware of. Once all tests were complete and I had a full diagnosis I requested my pip claim was looked at again and completed a new form. At the assessment the lady looked at my previous problem and did nothing too assess both of the new ailments. I was refused a change failed a mandatory reconsideration and applied for appeal. Whilst they were obtaining medical records from my gp I found that the conditions were infact well under control with treatment and not wanting to face a tribunal I cancelled it. Now today Atos have phoned to say they have to come to my home and do another assessment as requested by dwp. This I do not understand and neither party will tell me the reason for this. Many thanks in advance for any help

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.