Assessment have I lost my mobility car? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment have I lost my mobility car?

charmed
charmed Community member Posts: 53 Connected
i have just received my assessment report 
I cannot walk 20-50mtrs and assessor put this down does that definitely mean I have lost my mobility car

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to wait for your DWP award letter to be sure of how many points you have got. Has the assessor written that you can walk 20-50 metres?
  • charmed
    Yes, I never put on form or said at assessment I am trying to prepare myself it says I do not need a review until 3 years
    i can truly walk that bus length as I use scooter for mobility.
    have I got less mobility award
  • johnny100
    johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    if you state over 20 mtrs you will only get the lower amount.I have just got my points which was 10.I made the mistake and put 20/50 mtrs.If anyone thinks I am wrong then I accept any comments.I appealed against this a few days after filling  in the PIP form but ATOS state that I put 20/50.I told them by phone as well as writing a letter.The reply from the assossor was i need to get a letter from my GP stating this,this I have done.I got told in my letter that I could follow a planned route and I use my car 2/3 times a week to travel a total of 6 miles.I told him that if I went somewhere different that I dont know I use a SAT NAV and even then I make mistakes as I get anxious till I reach my destination.When you go for the assessment dont just walk straight into the assessment room stop a few times and rest and the same when your appointment is finished.If chairs are available sit for a few moments,the cameras will be on you,believe me they do use cameras at all times,to catch you out 
  • charmed
    I had my homes assessment Johnny she put 20-50mtrs I can't walk that far I did not pub that on my original form either I did not get off the bed 
  • charmed
    Like I asked does that mean I have definitely lost the car
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    To keep your car you will need to be on the higher rate of PIP for Mobility. So you will need 12 points by either being unable to walk more than 20 mtrs or if you can walk 20 mtrs but no more than 50 mtrs which is 10 points you'll need points in the planning a journey activity. If you get 2 or more to add to the 10 than you'll be OK. The ruling has just changed so that it has to be a reason other than stress/anxiety why you can't travel on an unfamiliar journey alone..Hope that helps... 
  • charmed
    JUST PHONE GOT ENHANCED ON BOTH
    IM SO SO HAPPY await letter
  • johnny100
    did you phone up to find out your award CHARMED before your letter came through or did you appeal against some of the award points
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    So pleased for you, charmed!
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    I didn't know you could phone for the result before the letter comes. Anyway very pleases for you...x   
  • charmed
    I phoned before letter real anxious Johnny, I had it last Monday 6th I phoned for a copy of assessor so report which I got this morning, I was still very anxious and phoned and the lady looked it up and told me both enhanced a couple of days for the letter to arrive.
  • johnny100
    well done,,im awaiting for at least 3 extra points on daily living and 2 extra points on mobility waiting for my letters to be read and a further doctors report about my walking ability upto 20mtrs

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.