CP and neuropathic pain/itching — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CP and neuropathic pain/itching

liayn85
liayn85 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited March 2017 in Cerebral palsy
I have been experiencing neuropathic pain/itching for about three years now. I have found that it is worse, though not brought about by it, if my diet is poor or my CP symptoms are worse, but especially if I am dehydrated.
Anyone else experiencing much of the same? I am treating it now with yoga, massage, and coconut oil. It started after two years of being sedentary most of the day at work and two hours of driving with my affected side, which in fact used both sides because of the associated movement. It mostly affects my stronger CP-unaffected side. 
I have read that it could be caused by neurons firing too much, and I have had problems with a "noisy brain" in the past few years.
If it helps, I am a left hemisphere (right side of body) spastic hemi on my entire right side.  

Comments

• Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited March 2017
    Hi @liayn85
    Yes I have had similar symptoms in the past so totally know what you mean here but in both instances I experienced this I had a nerve entrapment.

We can be very prone to both overuse injuries and nerve entrapments. Are you sure you don't have a trapped nerve? I would ask your Physio or an osteopath about these symptoms as they can both do some tests that will bring on the symptoms in certain movements to confirm a trapped nerve and help with reducing the symptoms.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.