18 yr old daughter with CP - smooth transition to adulthood? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

18 yr old daughter with CP - smooth transition to adulthood?

vonn22
vonn22 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2017 in Cerebral palsy
I have an 18yr old daughter with cerebral palsy. She is leaving school in July and hopefully going onto college in September subject to funding from KCC. Just trying to find out about transition from childhood to adulthood and trying to make it as smooth as possible for both my daughter and myself.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi Vonn22, Can you give us more details of what it is you want some advice about? x

• vonn22
    vonn22 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Before I joined this group I was trying to get a social worker for my daughter, I tried last summer and got now where. So I tried again last month and was getting frustrated that I had not heard anything yet again, that was when I joined the group. Last Friday someone from Adult Social Services called and I know have an appointment in the next few weeks.  So feeling a lot better than last week.

Thanks for  your offer of advice xx

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I am glad you are getting sorted! Do still join in on the discussions here, we have such a lovely community of members and it might help you to connect with others in a similar situation.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Vonn22,

Have you had your appointment with social services now? How did it go?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.