Misdiagnosis? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Misdiagnosis?

pathayes
pathayes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
my son aged 29 was diagnosed  leucodystrophy three years ago he is now wheelchair bound ,he was diagnosed adhd as a child have now found that this could have been a misdiagnosis  anyone else out there ?

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @pathayes
    Sorry to hear that you son was misdiagnosed. If I would be you I would seek one more time professional medical advice just to double check  (If you can afforded I would recommended using private medical sector). On the other hands I would complain to Patient Advice and Liaison Services within hospital where diagnosis took place and request serious investigation. 
    I hope you will raise your voice and bring this to Hospital Attention. 
    Thanks 

Iza 
  • pathayes
    pathayes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks nick is now under professor cox at addenbrookes cambridge  we are waiting for further confirmatiom from the 1000000 genomes project and Ive already made moves to take it further .It appears to be a common misdiagnosis  which really should be looked at seriously by the support groups for add/adhd and autism  its reasdonably simple to diagnose ith ct scans etc  but doesnt seem to happen 

• Kathy_Bramley
    Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    What surface indicators are there, besides the misdiagnosed symptoms, or should it be a side precaution more automatically? Off to look it up now! 
    Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.