Meditation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Meditation

Options
Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
I used to use meditation a lot to help with pain but for some reason I stopped. 

A few days ago my wife suggested we meditate and even though I wasn't keen, I did and wow. Why did I stop, I felt so chilled out after and so its now a daily thing. 

Do you meditate and does it help? 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you do it on your own or use an app/video etc? 

I use a relaxation app at night to help me sleep and it is so relaxing and helpful!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Zec, good to hear that you've found meditation useful. There's a good phone app called Buddhify, which has lots of short guided meditations on it for different circumstances, and I often listen to videos by a guy called Alan Watts on YouTube who used to talk a lot about meditation and related stuff.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have practised Transcendental Meditation (TM) for many years and find it beneficial.  Full-price training in the TM technique is expensive but I assume that there still discounts for people on low incomes/benefits as there were when I learnt as a student.  TM has a website for further info.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.