Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Meditation

Zec RichardsonZec Richardson Member Posts: 155 Pioneering
I used to use meditation a lot to help with pain but for some reason I stopped. 

A few days ago my wife suggested we meditate and even though I wasn't keen, I did and wow. Why did I stop, I felt so chilled out after and so its now a daily thing. 

Do you meditate and does it help? 

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you do it on your own or use an app/video etc? 

I use a relaxation app at night to help me sleep and it is so relaxing and helpful!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chris_ScopeChris_Scope Member Posts: 695 Pioneering
    Hi Zec, good to hear that you've found meditation useful. There's a good phone app called Buddhify, which has lots of short guided meditations on it for different circumstances, and I often listen to videos by a guy called Alan Watts on YouTube who used to talk a lot about meditation and related stuff.
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    I have practised Transcendental Meditation (TM) for many years and find it beneficial.  Full-price training in the TM technique is expensive but I assume that there still discounts for people on low incomes/benefits as there were when I learnt as a student.  TM has a website for further info.
Sign in or join us to comment.