Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration

Mol
Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
When you ask for a mandatory reconsideration can you give the DWP reasons for the reconsideration or do they just go through the assessors report?

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi Mol, Yes of course you do need to tell them as much as you can about exactly what you disagree with and why and refer them to evidence if they have this or send them more evidence to back up what you're saying. I wrote a 4 page letter. Be aware that they may keep things the same unless you have a very strong argument to have your decision changed. If you're short of time ring them to tell them what you want to do and you should get more time or if you're ready go ahead and write to them. If you ring get the name and make a note of the date and time. I always do this. Good Luck...!
  • kenny
    kenny Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Hi Mol I won my reconsideration by providing rock solid evidence that what the assessor had said was incorrect I advise you to get strong evidence on the sections you disagree with or they will not change their decision. My assessor said I was capable of reading complex matter because I had done a college course but I provided evidence from college that I had a person who read everything to me as I had very little reading ability this gave me enough points to receive enhanced payments on both sections

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.