If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

I may not be able to return to work due to illness and disability - employment advise.

mcubiemcubie Posts: 1Member Listener
I have just registered on this site as I may not be able to return to work due to illness and disability.
This is very daunting and have no idea what to do aftetr my my employer will inevitably end my contract.
Can someone please give me some idea of what I have to do to after?


  • GeoffBosworth195661GeoffBosworth195661 Posts: 162Member Pioneering
    Welcome @mcubie
    You say that your illness and disability is effecting you from working, firstly if you have a disability of which you have not said but if you are in discomfort then you need to see your GP the first point of call. Just tell your GP your situation and how you feel and struggling if that's the case. He will give you a sick note and possibly if the situation for your GP for you to see a specialist at the hospital then this takes you through to if you are not able to go work due to your disability. 
    Don't do it after do it now if you are what you are saying you should not have to suffer. Take care mcubie keep safe good luck. 

  • AlexW_ScopeAlexW_Scope Posts: 204Scope Team Scope community team
    Hi @mcubie

    It may not be inevitable - take a read of https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/work/employees

    Please get in touch with us if we can help, Alex
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @mcubie how are you getting on?
    Senior online community officer
  • johnny100johnny100 Posts: 125Member Pioneering
    as other have said get to the GP do it now.The sooner its done then the process can begin.It takes time but just take your time without getting stressed,get as much help as you can,give the Welfare Rights a call,or Citzens Advice they can steer you in the right direction.Another place is give your local Jobcentre a call  and see if they can also help you,thats what they are there for,use them   
Sign in or join us to comment.