Accessible Veg: Yahoo featured my tweet! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Accessible Veg: Yahoo featured my tweet!

Kathy_Bramley
Kathy_Bramley Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
I was one of many people joining in on a thread of disability based reply to an article complaining in a sneering "what have they come up with now" "peoppe are so lazy"article/tweet about what somebody saw as overwrapped/overprepped veg. I came to the debate latterly, and have fairly good hand mobility and do worry about about plastic myself, but the attitude of the thing and the resistance and the lack of preconsideration of so many people to just the idea of disabled people benefiting was getting to me. Marrying the two is a great challenge but could be done with a little willing. Either ecowrapping or the veg equivalent of meat and fish counters, I suggested. I managed to get it all in one tweet. I like a technical challenge. Sometimes. Like it could depend on the day whether shrink wrapped avocado or a real avocado is easier to open for me, because of the coordination aspect of getting into shrink wrapped plastic with sharp stuff. And whether I have lost in he good scissors. 

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/you-can-now-buy-avocados-pre-sliced-and-people-are-suspicious-160030392.html
Autistic mother (they/them) not Autism Mom

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.