Cameras are watching — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cameras are watching

Options
johnny100
johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
I would like to remind all Disability PIP assesments that the cameras are on you the moment you enter the complex of an assesment centre including the car park,Cameras operate in all passageways,reception areas,wherever you are they are watching,and that includes the interview room.They say in the pip that if you record any interview they need to be informed and a copy given to the assessor.If this is the case then ATOS/DWP should also inform you that you are being recorded.I assumed that the cameras in and around the bulding were for security and not to video people having PIP assessments.I feel like this is an invasion of privacy,another way to study the video to pull it apart and knock your award back for PIP and ESA

Comments

• Sarah0107
    Sarah0107 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I was able to eliminate this problem by asking for a home visit.
    Going to an interview can affect point system too.
    I cannot believe that we are always having to prove our disability when we supply evidence from health professionals.
    Seems to be an institutional attitude by dwp that everyone is looking to cheat the system. 
    Harsh when your in agony as I am :(

• johnny100
    Options
    but they dont even adhere to the handbook they are issued with.The concept is to slash,slash and slash and they dont give two monkeys if you no head.I understand you about pain and you try and explain the agony,pain etc in our daily lives.I dont know how they have the brass neck to overrule a consultant and a doctor when the evidence is in front of them,again how can they dispute X Rays,MRI Scans etc you cant make them up 
  • Angel110
    Angel110 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Indeed. I fail to understand this. I think the more evidence you provide the more they try to throw you where they want to 
  • johnny100
    Options
    i have sent in numerous letters doctors reports complained about the points scored picking them up on words like help assistance supervision etc.It appears to me like they think everyone likves a single life,you have coped upto now so you must still be able to help yourself.I was picked up on zipping up my jacket when the zip is much bigger than normal.It was not mentioned it the decision maker first report but was mentioned in his second report,I did not put my coat on my wife helped me with this.I believe that they do film you during interview and keep looking for evidence to disprove your claim,this is the difference between getting points and none at all.It does not matter how much you dispute anything they use there own interpratation of events.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • johnny100
    Options
    but before an assessment they should inform you the same as if i am recording them,This is surely some sort of violation of privacy.When we go to interviews of this mature we all tend to do silly little things but this can make a diffence between points and no points.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.