more surgery and CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

more surgery and CP

rockchick
rockchick Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2017 in Cerebral palsy
hi i have spastic cerebral palsey and my muscle tone and pain levels have detiorated  severely in the last fifteen years did the usual work/college / kids which i brought up alone without a thought and then i was told by my doctor that this was a result of surgery overuse of muscles and daily life i sometimes take up to thirteen pain killers a day before the pain subsides and have done physio nearly everyday for 30 years and yet today he has booked me an appointed for yet more and has mentioned surgery again which terrifies me i am terrified of anasthics and had three operations one when i was eight one when i was 12 and one when i was nineteen and even though he has said three is to many because it is so long ago he seems to think it might be more beneficial to have another op i would appreciate any advice or if anybody knows of any alternatives to surgery or physio therapy available on the nhs  thanks

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.