Taken off ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Taken off ESA

joolz1221
joolz1221 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my name is Julie and I am step mum and carer to Kymberley she is 24 and has mild cerebral palsy, visually impaired and has learning difficulties. Just wanted advice really now she has been taken off ESA as she scored 0 points, we are going through mandatory reconsideration so I was just wandering if anyone else has been through this and if so any words of advice. 

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @joolz1221

It is really sad to hear what is happening to Kymberley. 
    Yes please send away the mandatory reconsideration as quickly as possible and be patient. Lots of people are in the similar situation these days. 
    I really dislike how bas everyone is treated on this ESA medical assessments and how discriminatory the questions are. 
    Do not waste a time and get in touch with Local Law Centre make someone aware that it happen to you. 
    Make connection because if your Mandatory Reconsideration will not be accepted you need find the strength to appeal to Lower Tribunal and/or even to Upper Tribunal. Its very long process of arguing with DWP's decisions. 

I wish you lots of strength to overcome the difficult situation. 

Do not forget to find at the same time a bit of balance and relaxation in life. 

All the best 

Iza 
  • snuggie11
    snuggie11 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi julie I have just been to a tribunal to get my esa back, I was really nervous but am glad I went to it. There was a lady judge, doctor & lady taking notes. The doctor asked me how my illness affected my everyday life. They sent me out &  called me back to give verdict. You might not have to go that far it might be changed when you do your mandatory reconcideration.if you can get any doctors or consultant letters send them in, copy them 1st.well worth going to tribunal not as scary as you think. Good luck let us know how you get on x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.