Can't drive because I have CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can't drive because I have CP

Aubrey
Aubrey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in Cerebral palsy
I have just been told I can't drive because I have CP and extreme startle reflex but believe this is due to part anxiety and not to CP. I am over 30 
and trying to o obtain 
a driver license any 
advice to help me achieve my goal?

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Aubrey Welcome on joining and hope you come join the community chat rom to chill out and type on any type anything. Now Aubrey you have been told you can not drive and this tells me you will be putting other people in danger. I may sound harsh but I'm being honest. If that is - "if "you caused accident and was told not to drive the law will not take this lightly. You have anxiety now again this is a type of illness that your brain is not 100% clear which again on top of CP. I would in my situation not drive and that would be hard. It is not clear if you are having any treatment for your anxiety to control it. I am not sure if you are having counselling. Aubrey you say achieve your goal well look at it this way, you will achieve your goals to get your Anxiety controlled that first is an achievement, then look at your CP ask what chances is there to have permission to drive don't shut it out it is there. If you scroll down we have a list of further help just click on and share your views, go on the Talk About specific conditions CP Keep safe.    
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Aubrey who has told you that you can't drive?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Aubrey how are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.